What is Mulch?
Mulch is a layer of material, usually organic, that is spread over the soil and is typically used as a covering in landscape beds. Several types of mulch are available to the consumer. These include bark mulch, compost mulch, pine needles, shredded leaves, and many more. At Lawnsense Lawn & Landscape we use only the highest quality mulch available in our area, free of insects and diseases.
What are the benefits of Mulching?
Applying mulch to a landscape bed provides many benefits. We will touch on just a few here.
- Mulch is visually appealing to the eye. It adds a professional touch and will enhance the overall appearance of your property.
- Mulch will retain moisture around your plants root systems cutting down on the amount of watering required.
- Mulch will help prevent the germination of weeds in your landscape beds saving time and money on maintenance.
- When mulch decomposes it enriches the soil by adding natural organic matter to it.
- In the Northeast we have very cold winters. Mulch will help serve as a protective blanket for your plants and protect their root systems.
Let the professionals at Lawnsense Lawn & Landscape handle all of your mulching needs. We can prepare your beds before the installation of mulch and give you a professional, clean look. Edging the bed beforehand will create a visually appealing look while also assuring your mulch stays where it was intended to, in the bed. Weeds should also be removed prior to mulching and a landscape weed barrier fabric can also be installed. As your mulch ages and fades the top layer can be turned over and you will have that fresh look all over again!
Call us today at 607-343-8171 to schedule a free estimate and learn how we can assist you .